Sunday 11 November 2012

Back for a couple of hours

I have a couple of lovely free hours to work in and I can hear my lovely DB and Bean playing skittles together downstairs, so all is well and I can 'swith off' my momma side for a bit :)

I spent my ten mins working through my previous plan of action, and realised that I have met more of the points that I thought which is probably why I now feel rather adrift; I need a new plan of action!  I started on that and basically it is about editing and proof reading rather than actual writing, which is a complete shock!  And it will very, very soon include jobs, like writing the into and concl properly, that so far I have had as 'things to be kept to the very end'...  but that is soon approaching!

As it is I do not have enough words.  I have about 73000 at the mo.  When I have edited my last two chapters, adding the theory and banner waving I need to, and then gone through the thesis as a whole and made sure the threads of each chapter interweave and make the same points (my banner waving), I should have about 76000 maybe.  I don't mind coming in at 78000 as Sup said no one counts the pages or really cares unless it is hugely over the wordcount.  I can always add a few more thousand, am sure they will come from somewhere!

So, rather than having concrete work, i.e. 'finish this chapter' etc, to do, I have more bitty work that will mean to-ing and fro-ing from different chapters, and maybe a bit more carving up of para's that are repetitive/contradictory/in the wrong place.

Quite exciting and strange!

x J

No comments: